Torwood House Hotel
Penzance- West Cornwall
Dating back to the late 1800’s Torwood was built as a large family house. All original doors and features where possible have been retained, in the dining room by the marble fireplace you can see the service bell, that would have been used at that time. Updated with care to provide all rooms with en suite facilities and modern day comforts, we hope that the historical features of the house still remain intact.
The beautiful Victorian house is three stories high and is situated in a large tree lined avenue just off from the seafront, there is unrestricted parking at the front of the house and also a small garden for guests use on those sunny Cornish days.
Accommodation is available throughout the year, though during certain periods a two consecutive nght stay is required.
All rooms en suite, with flat screen TV’s and mini fridges. Hot drink facilities and hair dryers
Pricing Guide: £70.00 to £75.00 with breakfast
Just 8 miles lies the stunning outdoor theatre The Minack and three miles the historical St. Michaels Mount, which makes Penzance and the Torwood an ideal base for touring the far west of Cornwall. Also situated 28 miles off the coast are the stunning Isles of Scilly, which can be visited one of two ways, either by boat during the summer months, or plane all year round. There will also be the option of the helicopter in late 2018.
- Mazey Day (1 mi) A pagan festival celebrating the coming of summer, it consists of parades, street entertainers and various stalls and is usually in the last weekend of June.
- Ghost Hunting (1 mi) A guided tour around the most haunted places in Penzance and St. Ives.
- Peasgood Pharmacy (0.5 mi) Nearest chemist and pharmacist
- Texaco Petrol Station (0.5 mi) Nearest local petrol station
- COOP (0.5 mi) Nearest supermarket and newsagent
- Bed and Breakfast (1 mi) A directory of local accommodation
CANCELLATION POLICY : On making a booking we ask for a non-refundable deposit equivalent to the first nights accommodation. If you cancel your booking less than 14 days before the start of your booking then a full charge will be made on any accommodation not re-let over the reserved period. Every effort will be made to re-let the accommodation on behalf of the customer.